BMW i4 Battery Supplier
While the BMW i4 battery supplier plants are located in Dingolfing and Munich, the production of electric vehicle components is a worldwide effort.
- Plant Dingolfing: As the Competence Centre for E-Drive Production, Plant Dingolfing is at the forefront of automotive technology. This facility produces battery modules, high-voltage batteries, and electric motors for battery-electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids – along with the fifth-generation e-drive used in the BMW iX3.
- Plant Spartanburg: Located in South Carolina, this plant doubled its battery production in 2019 for the BMW X5 xDrive45e and BMW X3 xDrive30e to keep up with intense demand.
- Plant Leipzig: The pioneering plant for electromobility, Plant Leipzig was tasked with creating the very first all-electric BMW i3. The plant also is responsible for battery modules for fifth-generation electrified vehicles
- Plant Regensburg: This plant focuses on both battery components and a unique coating process, which increases mechanical robustness and thermal conductivity.
- Plant Landshut: Since 2013, this plant has produced the electric motor for the BMW i3 and the electric motor for the MINI Cooper SE began production in 2019. This plant is known for producing the housing for the e-drive using recycled aluminum.
- BMW Brilliance Automotive Plant: Located in Shenyang, the BMW Brilliance Automotive Plant produces fifth-generation BMW eDrive technology in the BMW iX3 as well as battery modules.
- Plant Rayong: Located in Thailand, this plant works with the Dräxlmaier Group to produce high-voltage batteries.
BMW i4 Battery Info
The BMW Group isn’t just focusing efforts on green automotive components, but eco-friendly and sustainable production as well. The BMW i4 battery supplier relies on regionally-sourced green electricity from hydroelectric power. Over time, the plants aim to increase usage of renewable or carbon-neutral sources. Take a look at some of the BMW i4 battery info below:
- The Leipzig site has used solely electrical energy generated from four wind turbines since 2013.
- The San Luis Potosí plant in Mexico has begun utilizing energy from large-scale solar power installations.
- Battery cell production will be contracted to the Swedish company Northvolt in 2024 to produce cells exclusively from locally-generated wind and hydro-electric power.
Experience BMW EV Tech at BMW of Fort Lauderdale
Now you know who makes the BMW i4 EV battery, but how do BMW EV models feel behind the wheel? Contact us with your questions and visit our dealership in Fort Lauderdale to find out more about the BMW i4 release date.